Data Import

Anthony Shapley

Aug 10, 2015, 9:16:38 AM8/10/15
to AppScale Community
Hi,

Wondered if someone could offer guidance regarding accessing the Python Datastore API's from command line for a specific project, we want to import a 50GB MySQL table into a working model we've built on Appscale ideally from command line. How would one approach this?

Alternatively - if someone has a better idea on how this can be achieved, I'd be interested to hear that to!

Thanks
Ant

chris....@appscale.com

Aug 10, 2015, 12:29:16 PM8/10/15
to AppScale Community
If your app is already deployed, one option is to use the Remote API. Here's a wiki entry that shows how to access it: https://github.com/AppScale/appscale/wiki/Viewing-Data-in-AppScale-(remote_api)

You can also access a MySQL database directly from an app deployed on AppScale. If for some reason you run into difficulties with the Remote API, you can write a conversion script as one of your app handlers.