Problem with appscale and docker

Jose Angel Espinoza Portillo

Apr 21, 2015, 2:48:48 PM4/21/15
to appscale_...@googlegroups.com
Just a question.

Does this should be reported to the issues list?

When I was excecuting appscale_build.sh inside a docker image I got this output:

At bottom is the following error:

FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/3.18.11-tinycore64/modules.dep: No such file or directory
error: "Read-only file system" setting key "net.netfilter.nf_conntrack_max"
error: "Read-only file system" setting key "net.core.somaxconn"
error: "net.ipv4.tcp_tw_recycle" is an unknown key
error: "net.ipv4.tcp_tw_reuse" is an unknown key
error: "net.ipv4.tcp_orphan_retries" is an unknown key
error: "net.ipv4.tcp_fin_timeout" is an unknown key
error: "net.ipv4.tcp_max_orphans" is an unknown key
error: "Read-only file system" setting key "net.ipv4.ip_local_port_range"

Looks like the image of the boot2docker (image for mac) don't have the required modules to run appscale :S because if I use vagrant Virtual machine it has the core '3.13.0-36-generic' and it works inside that image.

I think this is a really deep problem because the Operating Sistem layer is involved. But I don't know if it is not niche enough to put it in the issue's tracker.

graziano obertelli

Apr 21, 2015, 3:03:40 PM4/21/15
to appscale_...@googlegroups.com
Hello Jose,

yes at this time AppScale won't run in docker, and some of the reasons
you already found. We have a branch that started to fix those problems,
but we ran into trouble setting up tests on multinodes: discovering
and/or setting the network in a set of dockers instances isn't trivial,
which prevented us from adding the testings and working on the branch.

Are you planning a 'all-in-one' system like vbox for development
purposes? Or are you thinking to put docker in production?

cheers
graziano
> --

Graziano Obertelli