appscale instance access to whole network and Mysql issue.

Rajen Patel

Sep 30, 2014, 8:38:52 PM9/30/14
to appscale_...@googlegroups.com
I had configured appscale with virtual box properly.Sample application working fine.I have couple of questions:

1) i want to access appscale running instances from other machines in same network
    I have tried to put login_host :ip address in Appscale machine.machine. However,its not working in my case.

2) How to change default Casandra to Mysql.?
    I have made sample java application using appscale having Mysql connection.What are the all changes i have to made before deploy on appscale.(i know about appengine.xml and put mysql configuration stuff)

Thanks,
Rajen

Graziano Obertelli

Oct 1, 2014, 11:19:05 AM10/1/14
to appscale_...@googlegroups.com

Hello rajen,

How did you set up your network for the virtual box instance? Did you user a bridge? If you used the default natted device, your instance will not be reachable. Can you ssh into it from a different computer?

Cassandra is used to implement the datastore api. Since it is not exposed directly it won't matter which db you use. Are you asking to have the SQL interface instead?

Cheers
Graziano

Rajen Patel

Oct 1, 2014, 4:01:41 PM10/1/14
to appscale_...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I have not used bridge.Therefore,I am not able to ssh from other computer.However i read in some appscale FAQ page where its mentioned that We not have to worry about bridging.If we write Login_host: ip_address in Appscalefile,it will do magic and allow us to access from outside.

I mean that appscale itself take care of bridging public and private network and allow as to access cloud instance to run from different computer?Will it be true?If not what should i have to  do now after running appscale stage so i cant bridge network.

Thank for your kind answer.
Rajen

On Sep 30, 2014 5:38 PM, "Rajen Patel" <rvamba...@gmail.com> wrote:
I had configured appscale with virtual box properly.Sample application working fine.I have couple of questions:

1) i want to access appscale running instances from other machines in same network
    I have tried to put login_host :ip address in Appscale machine.machine. However,its not working in my case.

2) How to change default Casandra to Mysql.?
    I have made sample java application using appscale having Mysql connection.What are the all changes i have to made before deploy on appscale.(i know about appengine.xml and put mysql configuration stuff)

Thanks,
Rajen

graziano obertelli

Oct 1, 2014, 4:56:16 PM10/1/14
to appscale_...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

the login_ip is used in situation where you don't know your public IP
(for example in AWS the public IP is not on the instance itself, and the
instance is aware only querying the metadata service). AppScale handle
all of that for you, but brdiging will need to be done by the network
administrator (or by yourself :D). You will be able to access AppScale
from within you machine (ie the machine where you start the container).

If you want your instance to be accessible from all your local network,
look into having your primary interface bridged, and how to configure
virtualbox to use that bridge. After that it should be a straight
configuration for AppScale since you will be in the same broadcasting
domain.

cheers
graziano
Graziano Obertelli