Deploying on my own hardware

Nick Bauman

Mar 24, 2015, 12:31:12 AM3/24/15
to appscale_...@googlegroups.com
I want to create a minimal deployment cluster for AppScale for experimental purposes on physical machines connected to the same network. This is for proof-of-concept purposes mostly. I'm envisioning using the new Raspberry Pi machines with quad core processors and 1G of ram as a basic node instance. Is this even possible?

Thanks,

Nick

Meni Vaitsi

Mar 24, 2015, 11:48:03 AM3/24/15
to appscale_...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nick,

That would be very cool. Once you get precise or even wheezy on there, you'll have to deal with the memory requirements.
Each AppScale node now requires a minimum of 3GB. You could probably tweak a few components and get away with it.
You definitely need to reduce the amount of memory Cassandra requires, reduce the number of processes for the AppScale Dashboard, maybe disable TaskQueue, etc.

Feel free to play with it and keep us posted.

-Meni

ammfa...@gmail.com

Nov 3, 2015, 8:37:19 AM11/3/15
to AppScale Community
Hey Nick,
Did you succeed with the installation of appscale on raspberry pi? i am also trying to up the appscale on raspberry pi but it doesnt work and shows this message
appscale_build.sh: line 6: lsb_release: command not found appscale_build.sh: line 7: lsb_release: command not found  / is not supported
when i give command " bash appscale_build.sh" after cloning from github.
can you or any one else please help me out??
Thanks
Farooqi

Ali Nadeem

Jan 14, 2016, 2:52:56 PM1/14/16
to AppScale Community
Hi,Nick,

Have you got any further with the deployment on raspberry pi?