RequestTooLargeError

Rikard Elofsson

May 29, 2015, 5:50:13 AM5/29/15
to appscale_...@googlegroups.com
Hello. (This is my first post here ever so sorry for any possible mistakes in language or procedure)

I am trying to post a large file from an appscale server using requests. I get this error message:

RequestTooLargeError: The request to API call urlfetch.Fetch() was too large.

Looking for a solution I saw a suggestion to make httplib use sockets by writing this in the app.yaml file:

env_variables:
   GAE_USE_SOCKETS_HTTPLIB : True

but doing this I still get the same problem and httplib still uses urlfetch

What am I doing wrong?

Meni Vaitsi

May 29, 2015, 12:35:53 PM5/29/15
to appscale_community
Hi Rikard,

Thanks for using AppScale.
Could you provide sample code that replicates this issue?

Thanks
-Meni

--
Meni Vaitsi
Software Engineer

Meni Vaitsi

Jun 2, 2015, 2:34:10 PM6/2/15
to appscale_community
Hi Rikard,

Are you using the URLFetch API directly or Requests?
One thing you can try is installing Requests on your AppScale VM(s) and using that to send large files.

Let me know if you need help with that or if you have any more questions.

-Meni

--
Meni Vaitsi
Software Engineer

Rikard Elofsson

Jun 5, 2015, 3:57:44 AM6/5/15
to appscale_...@googlegroups.com
Thx!

I am using requests. Got it to work (well) by patching in the original httplib and using that. A more elegant solution would be nice

import python_std_httplib
sys.modules['httplib'] = python_std_httplib