AppScale 1.6.6 Released!

Chris Bunch

Jan 21, 2013, 5:16:26 PM1/21/13
to appscale_community
Hi all,
   We're happy to announce the release of AppScale 1.6.6! After two weeks of development and two weeks of QA, we're happy to have fixed the following bugs:

- Support Python 2.7 App Engine apps
- Fixed ACID semantics for transactions
- Add nodes dynamically to a running AppScale deployment
- SSL support for App Engine apps
- Upgrade nginx to latest stable version and include HTTP chunking support
- AppController revives properly after being killed
- Cookies do not get created in certain deployment types
- Cookies do not get deleted if > 1 eth device present
- Turn on HRD flag in Python AppServer
- Added AppScalefile support, making it easier to run AppScale
- Add in 'appscale logs' command to automatically collect log files
- Add in 'appscale tail' command to automatically tail log files
- Add in 'appscale down' to alias to 'appscale destroy'
- Add in 'appscale ssh' to ssh to AppScale VMs
- Added Watchfile for continuous testing support
- Remove binary from beginning of locations.yaml file
- Start unrelated API services in parallel to improve startup time
- Make tools print version number on startup
- Fix bulkloader to support batching
- Python and Java API fidelity testing apps (Hawkeye)
- Obscuring EC2 credentials after a regression exposed them

As usual, we have both the source and public AMI available. Here are some links:

The main source, at https://github.com/AppScale/AppScale
The tools source, at https://github.com/appscale/appscale-tools
A public Amazon EC2 ami, ami-0936bd60

Links for Xen, VirtualBox, and Eucalyptus images can be found at http://downloads.appscale.com

We're continuing with two weeks of development and one week of QA for the next sprint, and are prioritizing our product backlog to determine the issues to tackle. For that release (1.6.7), we're trying out a Trello board (https://trello.com/board/1-6-7/50f5bb310ba122ea1e000db7), so join us and see what we're up to!

Of course, file any bugs you run into at https://github.com/AppScale/AppScale/issues for the main source and https://github.com/appscale/appscale-tools/issues for the tools source so that we can prioritize them and address them. You can also find us on #appscale on freenode if you run into problems or the like.

And as always, thanks for using AppScale!