No refresh of index after restore of data of appscale

Xuefeng LIU

Aug 6, 2017, 10:04:42 PM8/6/17
to AppScale Community

I run /root/appscale/AppDB/backup/scripts/restore_data.py to restore data to database.
After the restoring, it seems that data is recovered, but the GQL query does not return any result.

I notice that cassandra needs nodetool to refresh the database. Then what shall we do on appscale?

P.S.
version of appscale:  2.9

Best regards!

Chris Donati

Aug 7, 2017, 2:30:09 PM8/7/17
to appscale_...@googlegroups.com
Do single-property queries return no results or just ones that involve composite indexes?

The typical procedure is to perform the restore and then to deploy the application. The AppServer instance should send the create_index requests based on what you have in your indexes.yaml file. However, we should probably account for cases when the restore script is run after the application has been deployed.

For now, you can rebuild your composite indexes with `python /root/appscale/AppDB/update_index.py -t cassandra -a <your-app-id>`.

Xuefeng LIU

Mar 15, 2018, 12:15:50 PM3/15/18
to AppScale Community
Dear Mr Chris Donati,

Sorry for my very delayed thanks.
Your answer helped me this day when I searched back to this post.
It solved my problem, which happened for the second time.

Xuefeng LIU

2017年8月8日火曜日 3時30分09秒 UTC+9 Chris Donati: