AppScale 2.8.0 released!

tanvi.m...@appscale.com

May 16, 2016, 1:01:26 PM5/16/16
to AppScale Community

Hello everyone!

We are excited to announce our new AppScale 2.8.0 release!

Full highlights of features / bugs in this release:

- Alternative install for zookeeper was removed

- Start cron in docker for faststart

- Run AppDashboard tests by using nosetests in Rakefile

- Include ssl port in AppDasboard /apps/json route

- Round up cpu usage in appscale status

- Added HAProxy for UserAppServer

- Allow datastore to operate in read-only mode

- Better exception handling by raising specific errors

- System stats are now reported by the SystemManager

- Added deployment key to GCE instance metadata

- Added ability to gather system and platform stats in the AppController

- Defined celery amp backend as scheme

- Added app log rotate when appengine role is not running

- Removed the ability to call monit remotely from MonitInterface

- Removed log rotate scripts for apps during terminate

- Hermes collects monitoring stats from all deployment nodes

- Ensure Datastore logging is configured correctly

- Changed AppController's monit start command to only start Ruby process

- Omitted python version in application stats

- Changed the use of killall to stop the AppController

- Allow multiple filters on kindness queries

- Removed duplicate continue path for Java authentication redirects

- Added HAProxy routing for BlobServer

- Have the controller log to STDOUT

- Cleaned up invalid kind indices

- Fixed multiple equality filters for NDB queries

- Updated the query cursor format to use the one introduced in 1.5.1 SDK

- Reduced build verbosity

- Updated Go to version 1.4.3

- Added new methods in the AppController for the tools to call out to the UserAppServer

- Coordinate backup and restore operations from head node

- Allow Cassandra restore to run without prompting

- Check available space on backup output directory

- Support for new amd64 relocations

- Deploy appscalesensor app for registered deployments

- Cleaner UserAppServer responses

You can find instructions for trying out and running AppScale 2.8.0 on our Get Started page!

Also, thanks to our awesome community for helping us to continually improve AppScale!

Please report any issues or post your questions here or on our public IRC channel (#appscale on freenode).

Thanks for using AppScale!