Custom Domain for Appscale/EC2

Cameron Taylor

Apr 28, 2015, 2:54:19 AM4/28/15
to appscale_...@googlegroups.com
Hello Appscalers,

My objective is to use a custom .com name for my application.  I've been running my application on Appscale and EC2 and everything works fine until I assign an elastic ip to my Appscale File. After I add the elastic ip  I am locked out of my EC2 instance and cannot ssh back into it. When I navigate to the .com domain and I get an nginx 502 error. This leads me to believe that the dns record for the .com is updated and pointing at the instance but something is going wrong. I am pretty much a noob when it comes to EC2 and SSH so any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Cameron

Navraj Chohan

Apr 28, 2015, 6:14:05 PM4/28/15
to appscale_...@googlegroups.com
Hi Cameron,
Did you experience any issues without an elastic IP?
-Raj

Navraj Chohan (Raj), PhD
Co-Founder of AppScale Systems
A Google Cloud Partner,
Gartner 2014 Cool Vendor,
and a GigaOm Structure/LaunchPad "Best of the Best" Startups

615 State Street
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
r...@appscale.com
http://navrajchohan.com
Message has been deleted

Cameron Taylor

Apr 28, 2015, 7:09:37 PM4/28/15
to appscale_...@googlegroups.com
Hi Raj,

Not so far, adding the elastic ip to the Appscale File seems to be causing the problem.

-Cameron