To all group members: Google Glass

Apps4av Support

Apr 15, 2014, 10:47:18 AM4/15/14
to apps4a...@googlegroups.com
Hello Members

This is a request for donations to start a Google Glass project for Aviation.

If you would like to donate, please add "Google Glass" in comments so we can keep track of $1500 required to buy the glass.

If you have a set, and would like to share it with Apps4Av to kick start the developement, then you will get it back when we are done, or have enough funds to buy a glass.

All the money you donate, gets 100% invested back into our free apps.

Thank you!

Zubair Khan

--
Regards,
Apps For Aviators Support,

We encourage users to use the Forum for all questions. Any updates to the forum will help other users, who might have similar questions.
Forum: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/apps4av-forum

Thomas Court

Apr 16, 2014, 5:21:12 PM4/16/14
to apps4a...@googlegroups.com
Just let me say, that this might be one of the coolest things I've ever heard of.

I assume the idea is that as you're flying along you'll be able to look out the window and through the Google Glass you will see airports named and perhaps with range information. If you select the airport you're currently looking at, you'd be able see information about that airport that you're looking at.

Also perhaps the horizon would be marked with the compass directions every 5 to 10°.

Checklists are another obvious feature.