Screen Brightness Function

kansas plane

Apr 30, 2015, 10:48:38 PM4/30/15
to apps4a...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Zubair for adding the screen brightness function but I'm wondering if other people and phones are suffering from the issue that I am having.  When I use the function, it essentially controls the brightness that I have already built into the phone and that is not enough dimming to be usable at night in the cockpit.  My workaround right now is that I downloaded a free program called "Screen Filter" which dims the display darker than the built in brightness control.  Is it my phone (Samsung Note 2) that just doesn't dim very low using built in setttings compared to other phones?  If others with different phones experience the same issue, maybe you could modify your dimmer settings to go lower than the phones stock default like "Screen Filter" does?

Luke Penrod

May 1, 2015, 1:25:17 AM5/1/15
to apps4a...@googlegroups.com
I use the same app on my nexus 7 and my phone. My understanding is that screen filter paints a translucent cover to dim below what is available.

For quick access, you can set a screen filter widget with a predefined dimmer level. That way you get a toggle without going through the screen filter interface.

Luke