Download database.zip

Eric Brown

Apr 6, 2014, 10:57:59 PM4/6/14
to apps4a...@googlegroups.com
Is there a way to download the initial database.zip file to another device and copy the contents over? My mini tablet is having wifi issues and I can't stay connected long enough to get the thing.

Also where is the default storage folder on a nexus 7?  I've looked and looked to no avail.

Dan Wegman

Apr 16, 2014, 10:57:04 AM4/16/14
to apps4a...@googlegroups.com
The default chart storage file on the Nexus 7 isn't accessible unless the device is rooted. For that reason, I'm about to change the location for chart storage to somewhere else. I suppose I'll have to uninstall/reinstall Avare first in order to purge the old charts from the default location. (Does anyone disagree?)

Once you download the charts to one device, you can connect it to a PC and use Explorer to find and copy the charts. Then connect the second device and copy the files from the computer. You're using the computer as temporary storage for the charts but this is handy if you uninstall/reinstall Avare again.

Another way to go is to use FTP to transfer the files directly from one device to the other. ES File Explorer includes this utility.