Viewing ADSB weather...

Steve Greenwood

Apr 29, 2015, 2:51:16 PM4/29/15
to apps4a...@googlegroups.com
First of all....AWESOME app!! Thanks so much, for the efforts of the developers. Very generous of you with your time and talents.

I have a DUAL XGPS170 and Asus TF101 tablet. They connect to each other, and am using the XGPS170 for GPS data. I have weather enabled in preferences in Avare, and the external I/O app, shows receiving data. I do not see any weather on the screen. Do I need to retrieve weather, as done on the ground connected with wi-fi, or is it supposed to be "automatically" drawn, if all is correct. Will winds be displayed also? It may be a reception issue, just trying to determine how it is supposed to work, to eliminate user error. Thanks in advance, for any direction.

Zubair Khan

Apr 30, 2015, 5:40:15 AM4/30/15
to Steve Greenwood, Apps4Av Forum
Hi Steve

You must go to Preferences and under weather enable Use ADSB Weather.

Then under Nexrad Transparency, set to either 50% or Opaque.

To see traffic, under Display, Show ADSB Traffic.

Once all that is done, and the app is receiving the weather, it will replace the Internet weather for Nexrad, winds, metar/taf, Pireps etc automatically (unlike internet weather where you must download it).

The key is reception. If no reception there will be nothing shown. If reception, you will see METAR, winds, and uplink messages in the IO module's log window.

Thanks!
Zubair

On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 2:51 PM, Steve Greenwood <st...@greenwoodscomputers.com> wrote:
First of all....AWESOME app!! Thanks so much, for the efforts of the developers. Very generous of you with your time and talents.

I have a DUAL XGPS170 and Asus TF101 tablet. They connect to each other, and am using the XGPS170 for GPS data. I have weather enabled in preferences in Avare, and the external I/O app, shows receiving data. I do not see any weather on the screen. Do I need to retrieve weather, as done on the ground connected with wi-fi, or is it supposed to be "automatically" drawn, if all is correct. Will winds be displayed also? It may be a reception issue, just trying to determine how it is supposed to work, to eliminate user error. Thanks in advance, for any direction.

Zubair Khan
apps4av.com
zk4u.blogspot.com
Sudbury, MA 01776