Re: Abridged summary of apps4av-forum@googlegroups.com - 10 updates in 6 topics

Josh Tinkham

May 23, 2016, 1:03:29 PM5/23/16
to apps4a...@googlegroups.com

Just out of curiosity, why do u mark off charts as stale every 28 days? Seems like you could significantly reduce server load by only "forcing" a new download every 6 months.
On May 23, 2016 11:53 AM, <apps4a...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> apps4a...@googlegroups.com
> Google Groups
> Today's topic summary
> View all topics
> display (and enter) winds for flight plan. - 3 Updates
> Aware with Garmin GDL 39 - 1 Update
> Avare release 7.2.3 beta - 2 Updates
> Weather not updating - 1 Update
> RESOLUTION SUMMARY - Re: apps4av-forum Re: Move data to external SD card - unable to see existing files - 1 Update
> Dates on downloaded VFR charts - 2 Updates
> display (and enter) winds for flight plan.
> Zubair Khan <gove...@gmail.com>: May 22 05:27PM -0400
>
> Hi VJ
> These are good points. Will work on these after next release. I believe its
> very useful to show a wind column.
> To plan with still wind, delete the weather file in download for now.
> ...more
> victor <vte...@gmail.com>: May 23 07:27AM -0500
>
> I assume you mean the avare_weather_...html. After deleting that, the
> old winds were still used - I had to (save) delete and reload the
> flightplan to get nill wind times. Thanks again.
>
> ...more
> Zubair Khan <gove...@gmail.com>: May 23 08:35AM -0400
>
> No actually html file does not provide winds. The winds are provided by
> weather under Download screen.
>

> --
> Zubair Khan
> apps4av.com
> zk4u.blogspot.com
> Sudbury, MA 01776
> ...more
> Back to top
> Aware with Garmin GDL 39
> CLAIR CHRISTENSEN <clai...@gmail.com>: May 22 11:24PM -0700
>
> Does anyone have Avare working with Garmin GDL 39?
> ...more
> Back to top
> Avare release 7.2.3 beta
> command...@gmail.com: May 22 06:12PM -0700
>
> I tried the beta version on my backup tablet in flight today. My first impression is that I don't see the advantage of such a screen (3d).
>
> 1) rendering wasn't that great with the NVidea Shield ...more
> command...@gmail.com: May 22 10:46PM -0700
>
> I spent a bit more time on the feature on the return flight.
>
> 1) I calculated that the 3d view centers the map 25nm South of my actual position, and this is likely why I mostly see only the black ...more
> Back to top
> Weather not updating
> Zubair Khan <gove...@gmail.com>: May 22 05:28PM -0400
>
> Thanks for the report. We have moved all processing to amazon but downloads
> are still on old ISP.
> On May 22, 2016 8:25 AM, "Patrick Alexander" <
> patrickalex...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...more
> Back to top
> RESOLUTION SUMMARY - Re: apps4av-forum Re: Move data to external SD card - unable to see existing files
> VK <list-a...@kutty.cc>: May 22 01:02PM -0500
>
> I gave up and used Heimdall on Linux to flash TWRP 3.0.2 onto the recovery
> [...]

Zubair Khan

May 23, 2016, 1:10:23 PM5/23/16
to Josh Tinkham, Apps4Av Forum

Its too much work tracking expiry of individual charts. Instead users should do that for their own charts. In fact we recommend downloading only charts you need.