Map Legends

kansas plane

Apr 30, 2015, 8:58:17 AM4/30/15
to apps4a...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible to see the legends and other items like moa active times for sectional charts, IFR enroute charts etc while in Avare?   This would be very handy at times.

Zubair Khan

Apr 30, 2015, 8:59:22 AM4/30/15
to kansas plane, Apps4Av Forum
Hi
Check the SUA tab under long press pop out menu. Times should be listed there.

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 8:58 AM, kansas plane <csta...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is it possible to see the legends and other items like moa active times for sectional charts, IFR enroute charts etc while in Avare?   This would be very handy at times.

Zubair Khan
apps4av.com
zk4u.blogspot.com
Sudbury, MA 01776

kansas plane

Apr 30, 2015, 10:40:46 PM4/30/15
to apps4a...@googlegroups.com, csta...@gmail.com
Thanks for the info on the MOA's.  Is there a way to see an IFR or VFR Sectional chart legend?  By legend, I mean all the definitions of symbols and what they mean on the back of the charts.  This could be a useful feature especially for student pilots.

Peter A. Gustafson

May 1, 2015, 12:39:37 PM5/1/15
to apps4a...@googlegroups.com
There is no current way to do this. We could crop one of these out
sectional and IFR charts and add it in a similar manner to a plate.
I'll take a look at the cropping of this next week.

On 04/30/2015 10:40 PM, kansas plane wrote:
> Thanks for the info on the MOA's. Is there a way to see an IFR or VFR
> Sectional chart legend? By legend, I mean all the definitions of symbols
> and what they mean on the back of the charts. This could be a useful
> feature especially for student pilots.
>
> On Thursday, April 30, 2015 at 7:59:22 AM UTC-5, Zubair Khan wrote:
>> Hi
>> Check the SUA tab under long press pop out menu. Times should be listed
>> there.
>>
>> On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 8:58 AM, kansas plane <csta...@gmail.com
>> <javascript:>> wrote:
>>
>>> Is it possible to see the legends and other items like moa active times
>>> for sectional charts, IFR enroute charts etc while in Avare? This would
>>> be very handy at times.
>>>
>>> --
>>> <javascript:>.

kansas plane

May 1, 2015, 2:26:07 PM5/1/15
to apps4a...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, that would be a great reference to have and I don't think they would change very often.

Rivpilot

May 2, 2015, 2:27:22 PM5/2/15
to apps4a...@googlegroups.com
I've set up a free account with FltPlan.com then installed their Android app.  There is a My Documents section where you can download a number of documents such as the AFD Legend, Aviation Chart User's Guide, SoCal Tech Routes, VFR Legend and many more.  This should give you the information you need.