* Does Avare have official FAA TFRs?

John SBA

Jan 1, 2015, 5:14:49 PM1/1/15
to apps4a...@googlegroups.com
One of my big peeves with the FAA is that the only free official TFR data seems to be from FSS. Rather than call and talk with a briefing agent, I'd much prefer to simply use Avare's convenient TFR link on the Download/Databases screen. FSS dialog then leaves me to figure out where the TFR boundaries are, whereas Avare can instantly draw them on all charts. BUT the FAA apparently doesn't want the bother of ensuring that all TFRs are posted on their own official website where Avare fetches them, reserving some of them to be dispensed solely by FSS or in certified fee-based sources.

Have I missed something, or is this correct?

Zubair Khan

May 20, 2015, 9:52:49 AM5/20/15
to apps4a...@googlegroups.com, john...@gmail.com, john...@gmail.com
Actually the only resource of approved TFRs is from FSS. I suggest calling them before departure. I would also do flight following in case a new one pops up.

Domenic

Jul 6, 2015, 11:59:18 AM7/6/15
to apps4a...@googlegroups.com, john...@gmail.com
Why can't Avare use http://tfr.faa.gov/tfr2/list.html to incorporate TFR's? Of course we'll use FSS but it would be nice to overlay the circles to easily fly around the boundary's.

Zubair Khan

Jul 6, 2015, 12:13:09 PM7/6/15
to Domenic, Apps4Av Forum, john...@gmail.com
Already have TFRs from the link you specified, and its not approved source for TFRs.

Zubair Khan
apps4av.com
zk4u.blogspot.com
Sudbury, MA 01776