Getting a planned route to show on the map

Ian Shere

May 15, 2015, 2:51:59 PM5/15/15
to apps4a...@googlegroups.com
My first flight, I managed to get the route I'd planned to show on the sectional and TAC maps. This second flight I couldn't. My aircraft showed fine, but the route I'd inputted didn't. I'm sure I missed a step, but not sure what.

I went to PLAN, and entered all my waypoints. I saved the plan. That's all I thought I did the first time, but it doesn't work now. What step(s) did I miss (as it was under 50nm I didn't actually file a flight plan with Lockheed)? Is not filing the plan what activates the course on the map?

Also, clicking Get weather (not surprisingly) gets the weather - I chose Chrome to display it in. Where from there? Is it meant to import into Avare?

Thanks.

Zubair Khan

May 15, 2015, 2:56:36 PM5/15/15
to Ian Shere, Apps4Av Forum
Nothing special. Just load a plan, then activate it, just like first time.

When you get weather in the app from Plan page it stays in chrome. When you get weather from Download in the app, it gets in Avare. Long pressing on an airport will light all weather stuff, and you will see sigmet, airmet etc. lines on the map.

Zubair Khan
apps4av.com
zk4u.blogspot.com
Sudbury, MA 01776

Ian Shere

May 15, 2015, 6:05:40 PM5/15/15
to apps4a...@googlegroups.com
Ahhh. How did I overlook that LARGE button (ACTIVE)....? :-) Now if Lockheed will just fix their site so I can register an account, I can file the plan as well. Thanks Zubair.