Global Hackathon on Dec 4th - good crossover with Apps for Everywhere

John Geraci

Nov 24, 2010, 8:45:55 PM11/24/10
to Apps for Everywhere
Hi all,

Those of you on the Sunlight list just got this message in your inbox
about an upcoming Global Hackathon:

(quote)
+) GWOBorg, Tropo, and Inveneo are joining forces with Random Hacks of
Kindness to participate in a global hackathon — a marathon hacking
event with multiple global locations bringing together developers from
all over the world to hack on real-world problems relating to natural
disaster risk and response.
(endquote)

The hackathon is going to be held simultaneously in San Francisco,
Aarhus, Nairobi, Sao Paulo, Chicago, Bangalore, New York, Lusaka,
Berlin, Toronto, Bogota, Atlanta, Jakarta, Birmingham and Seattle.

This looks great. And the very fact that it is happening right now
lends support to the idea of a global apps contest like Apps for
Everywhere. It seems like something is in the air for a global effort
aimed at hacking real-world problems/solutions.

Definitely something we should look at connecting with - lots of
potential for dovetailing between the two.

-j.

Ben Berkowitz

Nov 25, 2010, 12:32:01 PM11/25/10
to apps-for-...@googlegroups.com
I would love to get SeeClickFix involved in this as well.
Who is running the show?

John Geraci

Nov 26, 2010, 1:44:26 PM11/26/10
to Apps for Everywhere
Name of the person who sent the note to Sunlight is Kimo Crossman.
kimo at webnetic dot net.

May send him a note later on today. Will mention SCF if I do.

-j.