Google Forms

Kathy

Aug 17, 2014, 9:52:28 PM8/17/14
to apps-administra...@googlegroups.com
I wish to create a form to send to a number of organizations in which they will list their representatives attending a conference.  Each group may have approximately ten registrations.  I want to have it organized by first name, last name, and position so I can later do a mail merge and create labels and sign in sheets easily.  I am looking for suggestions on how to best create the form.  Repeating the questions first name, last name, position makes the form appear awfully long.

Nigel Robertson

Aug 19, 2014, 6:58:55 PM8/19/14
to apps-administra...@googlegroups.com
Try using multiple pages. Create one set of fields to enter a single person then duplicate e.g. 10 times. Have a question on each page e.g. "I would like to add another attendee" / "I'm finished". Set 1st option to take to next page, set "Finished" option to submit form.

Kathy

Aug 20, 2014, 8:38:59 AM8/20/14
to apps-administra...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for taking the time to respond, Nigel.  I will certainly try that.  I was hoping there was an option that would allow something like a grid with text boxes instead of radio buttons but I gather that is not an option.  Thank you again, and I will use your approach.

Kathy

Aug 21, 2014, 10:45:21 AM8/21/14
to apps-administra...@googlegroups.com
I tried.  Issue now is the appearance of the response spreadsheet.  I have very long rows with all the names.  I want to do a mail merge for labels and name badges, and the program only picks up the first column responses.

mschmitz

Sep 11, 2014, 6:01:23 PM9/11/14
to apps-administra...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I am new here but I have searched all options and I know what you are looking for.  Unfortunately, I had to go to Sign Up Genius which gave me exactly what I think you are looking for.  It allows you to sign up several different people in different time slots, etc.  I do this for college visits to our high school.  We allow two per hour and it works out very well.  Wish something could be offered by Google in the future and maybe it will.

Kathy

Sep 15, 2014, 9:03:56 PM9/15/14
to apps-administra...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for this information.  I will definitely have a look!  Thanks again.

Lian Katsman

Dec 5, 2014, 5:11:07 AM12/5/14
to apps-administra...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kathy,

I may not understand your question very well, but I thought of allow people to fill in the form several times. So an assistent can fill in the form several times for each representative. On your site the underlaying spreadsheet is filled with all attendees and using filteroptions you can filter the spreadsheet on several occasions you want.

So, your not "building it inside your form" but allow people to use the same (not so long) form to add people to your list...

Good luck!