Attaching Emails to Calendar Events

Kristal

Feb 1, 2016, 1:15:55 PM2/1/16
to Apps Administrative Assistants
Is there a way to attach an email to a calendar event? A previous post/thread suggested the "Event Attachment" Lab, but it no longer seems to be available.

Maddie

Feb 1, 2016, 1:35:14 PM2/1/16
to Apps Administrative Assistants on behalf of Kristal
Hi Kristal,

We have a video on how to do just that!

Hope this helps!

Maddie

Maddie | The Gooru
Like The Gooru? Register for our newsletter!

On Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 1:15 PM, Kristal via Apps Administrative Assistants <apps-administrative-assistants+A...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Is there a way to attach an email to a calendar event? A previous post/thread suggested the "Event Attachment" Lab, but it no longer seems to be available.

Kristal Groom

Feb 1, 2016, 1:47:20 PM2/1/16
to Apps Administrative Assistants on behalf of GoogleGooru
No go Maddie, but thanks for the video.

I'm trying to figure out how to attach an EMAIL specifically.

Suggestions?

Kristal Groom | Executive Assistant to the CEO

Influitive | Advocate Marketing Experts

m: +1.647.993.0625 | o: +1.647.931.7361 | @influitive

>> I want you at our biggest event of the year. Register for Advocamp 2016 using the exclusive code EXECVIP and save $500! Reserve your seat now.

>> Get awarded for having awesome customers. Enter to win the BAMMIES here!

Maddie

Feb 1, 2016, 2:00:00 PM2/1/16
to Apps Administrative Assistants on behalf of Kristal
Ok, looks like you'll need to reference this blog post too: https://www.thegooru.com/how-to-attach-an-email-in-gmail/

I just tested this method and it works. So first you'll follow the directions for this blog post: https://www.thegooru.com/how-to-attach-an-email-in-gmail/. These instructions will save the email to your drive that you can reference when you add an attachment to your calendar invite.

But instead of attaching it to an email in gmail (as the instructions go), you'll attach it to a calendar invite, per the first blog post I sent you.

Does that make sense?

Maddie | The Gooru
Like The Gooru? Register for our newsletter!

johnyb

Feb 2, 2016, 3:56:23 AM2/2/16
to Apps Administrative Assistants
Hey,

Greetings,
Johny

Maddie

Feb 4, 2016, 4:53:35 PM2/4/16
to Apps Administrative Assistants on behalf of johnyb
Hey Johny B,

I don't seem to have that option on my "More" drop down menu. Could you send me a screenshot?

Thanks,

Maddie

Maddie | The Gooru
Like The Gooru? Register for our newsletter!

johnyb

Feb 5, 2016, 5:38:22 AM2/5/16
to Apps Administrative Assistants
Hey Maddie,

Greetings,

Johny

Maddie

Feb 11, 2016, 3:04:05 PM2/11/16
to Apps Administrative Assistants on behalf of johnyb
Hi Johny,

Thanks so much for sharing this screen capture. Looks like I'll need to make another post showing this.

Best,

Maddie

Maddie | The Gooru
Like The Gooru? Register for our newsletter!

johnyb

Feb 12, 2016, 3:34:43 AM2/12/16
to Apps Administrative Assistants
You're welcome.