How to create a separate category section

Troy Chmieleski

Jan 23, 2014, 1:25:30 PM1/23/14
to appl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I just discovered appledoc and really enjoy using it. I am not sure how to generate the separate headers however for categories. Whenever I create a category the documentation is just lumped together with the object that category is based off of. Ideally, the categories should be presented under a separate header and the documentation for the category should be separated from the corresponding object the category is created from.

Here is a screenshot of the AFNetworking documentation and the structure I am striving for:

However, when creating a simple test project with a view controller and a category on that view controller, I get the following output:

The overviews for the view controller and its category are both lumped together in the view controller documentation without distinction. Not sure if this is the default behavior or not.

Here is what the overview looks like for the view controller:

Similarly, here is what the overview looks like for the category:

The overall index looks as follows (notice the absence of the category):

What is steps should be taken to get the category, in this case AppledocExampleViewController+category1 under the separate category header. I thought categories would be categorized by default. Maybe I am wrong and should be using custom templates to separate the objects from their categories?

Thanks.

Tom @ Gentle Bytes

Troy Chmieleski

Jan 23, 2014, 2:03:42 PM1/23/14
to appl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Tom! That did the trick. Do you know where I can find the list of possible command line arguments for future reference?

Tom @ Gentle Bytes

Jan 23, 2014, 2:04:24 PM1/23/14
to appledoc on behalf of Troy Chmieleski
Currently there’s very little documentation available - readme and a
bunch of other .markdown files which are part of code on GitHub.

My old website had some examples, and I wanted to restructure them when
porting to new style, but didn’t find time for it yet. You can find
the old website on wayback machine -
http://web.archive.org/web/20120618123340/http://gentlebytes.com/appledoc/
- take a look in sidebar.

Tom

Troy Chmieleski

Jan 23, 2014, 11:40:46 PM1/23/14
to appl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks again Tom. Those look like great references to explore.

Raymond Camden

Aug 6, 2014, 3:15:16 PM8/6/14
to appl...@googlegroups.com
Just checking - is the web.archive.org location still the only place where this exists? Would be great if it was simply copy and pasted into wiki pages at the github repo.

Tom @ Gentle Bytes

Aug 7, 2014, 1:27:34 AM8/7/14
to appledoc on behalf of Raymond Camden
Yes, for the moment that's the only place. I have plan to update my website for a long time, but didn't arrive to it so far :)