code blocks w/ back ticks?

Raymond Camden

Jul 14, 2014, 1:49:43 PM7/14/14
to appl...@googlegroups.com
If we want code format for our text, we should use back ticks, right? I've done so in the sample below:

 * For example, to get the shared instance of Secret Project:
 *
 * `SecretProject *project = [SecretDoohicky sharedInstance].project;`
 *
 * Another example:
 *
 * `mgr = [[SecretyDoohicky sharedInstance] secretManager];`

And oddly, the second line works but the first line is a bit messy. Only portions of the first line use the code font. SecretProject and SecretDoohicky are in the regular font, as is sharedInstance and the final .project.

When I view source, I see some empty <code></code> blocks on the line.

Tom @ Gentle Bytes

Jul 14, 2014, 2:16:55 PM7/14/14
to appledoc on behalf of Raymond Camden
There's some incompatibility on current appledoc branch regarding multiline comments that use star delimiters (like on your example). Try to use plain comments to see if it will work.

But otherwise yes, you use backticks for code spans - appledoc uses Markdown for formatting.

Tom

Raymond Camden

Jul 14, 2014, 2:18:56 PM7/14/14
to appl...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, plain comments? Do you mean:

/*

*/

Ie, no * on every line.

On Monday, July 14, 2014 1:16:55 PM UTC-5, Tom wrote:
There's some incompatibility on current appledoc branch regarding multiline comments that use star delimiters (like on your example). Try to use plain comments to see if it will work.

But otherwise yes, you use backticks for code spans - appledoc uses Markdown for formatting.

Tom

Tom @ Gentle Bytes

Jul 14, 2014, 3:22:49 PM7/14/14
to appledoc on behalf of Raymond Camden
Sorry wasn't clear: you need to start with /** otherwise appledoc won't consider the comment, but no star on subsequent lines, so:

/**

*/

Alternatively you can use triple slash:

///
///
///

Raymond Camden

Jul 14, 2014, 3:28:15 PM7/14/14
to appledoc on behalf of Tom
No luck with either format. I get the same results using

/**
*/

or

///

formats.

On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 2:22 PM, appledoc on behalf of Tom <appl...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Sorry wasn't clear: you need to start with /** otherwise appledoc won't consider the comment, but no star on subsequent lines, so:

/**

*/

Alternatively you can use triple slash:

///
///
///

Raymond Camden, Web Developer for Adobe

Email : raymon...@gmail.com
Blog : www.raymondcamden.com
Twitter: raymondcamden

Tom @ Gentle Bytes

Jul 15, 2014, 12:45:21 AM7/15/14
to appledoc on behalf of Raymond Camden
Hmm, try to remove stars from code spans, just for quick test. Let me know how it goes.

Raymond Camden

Jul 15, 2014, 11:39:16 AM7/15/14
to appledoc on behalf of Tom
Nope, didn't help. If you want to test w/ my .h file, I can send it to you directly, I just can't share it publicly. (Code is still under NDA.)

Tom @ Gentle Bytes

Jul 15, 2014, 2:23:01 PM7/15/14
to appledoc on behalf of Raymond Camden
Sure, send it to to...@gentlebytes.com and I'll take a look.