Does appledoc support Doxygen-style groups

Steve Wehba

Dec 1, 2013, 11:35:35 PM12/1/13
to appl...@googlegroups.com
In Objective-C header files, I commonly organize methods into Doxygen-style groups using syntax like the following:

@interface MyClass : NSObject

//! @name Initializers
//! {
- (id)init;
- (id)initWithString:(NSString *)s;
//! }

Doxygen picks these up just fine, but appledoc seems to ignore them.

Does appledoc, in fact, support Doxygen-style groups? Does it not support the syntax I'm using? Anyone have any experience with groups in appledoc?

lowell

Dec 2, 2013, 12:47:05 AM12/2/13
to appledoc on behalf of Steve Wehba
Hm. @mattt's AFNetworking uses @name for method organization and it seems to work fine:

Header:

https://github.com/AFNetworking/AFNetworking/blob/master/AFNetworking/AFHTTPSessionManager.h

Output:

http://cocoadocs.org/docsets/AFNetworking/2.0.1/Classes/AFHTTPSessionManager.html

Take a look at how the headers are formatted in that project for a guide. appledoc used to have in-depth documentation on the main site, but it appears to go be going through an overhaul at the moment, so looking at projects like AFNetworking (along with appledoc's sources) are the best we've got as far as examples go. For now.

Tom @ Gentle Bytes

Dec 2, 2013, 2:04:15 AM12/2/13
to appledoc on behalf of Steve Wehba
Hi Steve!