Help with this!!

Carter Burn

Jun 17, 2012, 8:29:01 PM6/17/12
to appl...@googlegroups.com
I have installed appledoc with the command  sudo xcode-select -switch /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer and now can't type into terminal appledoc --help

I am not amazing with unix/terminal so I am a little confused with the installation, but I really want to use appledoc!! Can someone explain to me the process? Thanks in advance!

Tomaz Kragelj

Jul 30, 2012, 11:34:24 AM7/30/12
to appl...@googlegroups.com
Your command only switches Xcode, did you also compile the project? If you're not familiar with unix/terminal, you would be probably better off by using one of the automated comile/install such as the script included with source. Or alternatively homebrew installation. All these are contributions by users, so I'm not sure of their implementation

Rob Van der Veer

Jul 31, 2013, 3:51:38 PM7/31/13
to appl...@googlegroups.com
Your commandline is wrong. You should do change directory to the appledoc root and use the installation script.

    cd ~/Projects/OSX/appledoc          (or whatever the location of your appledoc source)

And then run the installation script.

    sudo ./install-appledoc.sh

(Added for posterity)