AppledocException: At least one directory or file name path is required,

Durul Dalkanat

Jan 21, 2014, 9:18:09 AM1/21/14
to appl...@googlegroups.com

What is my problem ? What should I update ?

Log is below

appledoc version: 2.2 (build 963)

ERROR: AppledocException: At least one directory or file name path is required, use 'appledoc --help'

Program ended with exit code: 1

Tom @ Gentle Bytes

Jan 21, 2014, 9:26:04 AM1/21/14
to appledoc on behalf of Durul Dalkanat

Did you provide input path? Must be after options like this:

appledoc options ~/Path/To/Project

You can also give it multiple paths, separated by space. And if any path contains space, embed it with double quotes as with any other cmd line tool.

Tom

On 21 Jan 2014, at 15:18, Durul Dalkanat via appledoc wrote:

What is my problem ? What should I update ?

*Log is below *

Durul Dalkanat

Jan 23, 2014, 7:06:33 AM1/23/14
to appl...@googlegroups.com
I can't understand. please write step by step ...

Where should I write this path? file, line etc...

you should publish installation video. right ?

Tom @ Gentle Bytes

Jan 23, 2014, 7:19:53 AM1/23/14
to appledoc on behalf of Durul Dalkanat

As mentioned in my previous reply - after all cmd line arguments. Here's more concrete example:

appledoc --project-name MyProject --company-name MyCompany --company-id com.mycompany ~/Documents/MyProject

In this case it'll take ~/Documents/MyProject path as input path and recursively search all subfolders in there for source files. Instead of single path, you can also give it multiple paths separated by space. If your paths contain space, you should embed them inside quotes ("~/My path with spaces"). It's pretty standard UNIX cmd line stuff.

Installation/usage videos are way out of my time constraints, so that won't happen for some time :) There was some documentation available on my old website, but it became somewhat obsolete so I'd need to revamp it before updating new website. I have it planned, but no timing for it. You can find the old website on wayback machine though: http://web.archive.org/web/20120618123340/http://gentlebytes.com/appledoc/ - take a look in sidebar on the right for links to various sections.

Hope this helps...

Tom

Suhail Bhat

Nov 28, 2014, 2:07:29 AM11/28/14
to appl...@googlegroups.com
You have not installed appledoc yet. So you don't have binaries. Please go to the Xcode project directory and run sudo sh install-appledoc.sh -b /usr/bin -t ~/Library/Application\ Support/appledoc

You will be able to access appledoc --help and then proceed.

Thanks.