reported result 0 - higher than 0

Raymond Camden

Sep 11, 2014, 6:11:22 PM9/11/14
to appl...@googlegroups.com
I've had a grunt process in place to repeatedly run appledoc over a set of projects. It worked fine until today. All of a sudden my calls to run appledoc on a particular folder are ending with this:

Finished in 152ms.
Parsing:    40ms (26%)
Processing: 42ms (27%)
Generating: 70ms (46%)
Exiting with result 0 (reported result was 0 - higher than 0)...

I bumped up the verbosity and nothing seems amiss. Any ideas?

Tom @ Gentle Bytes

Sep 12, 2014, 2:27:07 AM9/12/14
to appledoc on behalf of Raymond Camden
Can’t really say from given log. Did you try deleting output files and running fresh?

Tom

Raymond Camden

Sep 12, 2014, 2:36:26 PM9/12/14
to appledoc on behalf of Tom
Yep. I've got verbosity up to 9. Any suggestions?

Raymond Camden, Web Developer for Adobe

Email : raymon...@gmail.com
Blog : www.raymondcamden.com
Twitter: raymondcamden

Tom @ Gentle Bytes

Sep 13, 2014, 12:38:54 AM9/13/14
to appledoc on behalf of Raymond Camden
Verbosity only goes 1-6. On higher levels it should produce enough output to be able to determine what is going on.

Other than that, did you change other stuff that may affect scripts like moving files around or similar (far shot, but sometimes the most obvious things in front of our nose don't occur to us :)

Raymond Camden

Sep 15, 2014, 10:09:41 AM9/15/14
to appledoc on behalf of Tom
So - I ran my code outside of Grunt, outside of anything else, and I still get the same issue. Here is where things get weird. It *does* make HTML. I haven't checked every part of the output, but it is doing some writing, but the final line of output from the CLI is the same:

Exiting with result 0 (reported result was 0 - higher than 0)...

Raymond Camden

Sep 15, 2014, 10:12:12 AM9/15/14
to appledoc on behalf of Tom
I went through ever .h in the folder and - one by one - renamed them to .old. I confirmed I got the *same* error through every step. I'm now processing no files and I still get the same error.

Any ideas?

Raymond Camden

Sep 15, 2014, 10:21:56 AM9/15/14
to appledoc on behalf of Tom
Hmm. If I set verbose down to 3, it gets to "Finished in Xms". Changing this in my grunt task though didn't help. I saw Finished... there as well, but the exit code is still 0.

Tom @ Gentle Bytes

Sep 15, 2014, 11:59:38 AM9/15/14
to appledoc on behalf of Raymond Camden
Well, result of 0 is actually success. It just informs you about results and some statistics about time it took to arrive there.

However if nothing gets created (and some classes *are* documented), that signifies something's wrong. Either with missing or invalid templates or invalid cmd line parameters.

Tom
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "appledoc" group.

Raymond Camden

Sep 15, 2014, 9:18:46 PM9/15/14
to appledoc on behalf of Tom
The thing is - I thought 1 was the right exit code? In my grunt script, I had to specify 1 as a valid exit for everything else.

Raymond Camden

Sep 16, 2014, 11:45:19 AM9/16/14
to appledoc on behalf of Tom
Oh.... I think I see the issue now.

THe docs I'm generating throw "errors" for things missing, but, I'm ignoring them as I plan on fixing the docs later. It just so happens that this one framework was 'perfect' and didn't throw out the error.

So... now I need to see if I can make the grunt task use 1 or 0.