audio support

scg

Dec 2, 2013, 7:35:41 AM12/2/13
to appj...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We are trying to play mp3 files in our application. Application works fine on a browser but there is no audio when I try to tun the application in AppJs framework.

I saw posts where it says that there is no support for Audio. Is there a way  tos ort this issue without using flash as suggested in most posts? Please let me know.

Thanks.

sihorton

Dec 2, 2013, 7:40:25 AM12/2/13
to appj...@googlegroups.com

Try using http://www.schillmania.com/projects/soundmanager2/ since it wraps mp3 playing in a javascript api and is very powerful. This library supports fallback to many different techniques so should be able to be run on the web and inside AppJS.

If you are wanting html5 audio support or similar then AppJS does not support that. Try deskshell (http://deskshell.org/   https://github.com/sihorton/appjs-deskshell) since it runs off a portable version of chrome so includes all of the latest html5 features. Deskshell is the successor project to AppJS and was created to overcome the technical limitations of AppJS.

/Simon