Spaces in URLs

Doug Mouncey

Sep 24, 2014, 12:11:15 PM9/24/14
to appj...@googlegroups.com
I am trying to link to some user defined files from within an AppJS application.

Some of these files have spaces within the filenames.

The file hrefs are being automatically URL encoded but they all come back with a 500 Internal Server error.

As soon as the spaces are removed the file references work.

The file references work without issue when running the HTML pages through Chrome externally of AppJS so it's only from within the application that I have this issue.

Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do to get round this?

Prajyot Rajigare

Sep 24, 2014, 1:15:44 PM9/24/14
to appj...@googlegroups.com
replace spaces with %20

Doug Mouncey

Sep 24, 2014, 2:46:26 PM9/24/14
to appj...@googlegroups.com
Hi Prajyot

The links are URL encoded which includes replacing the spaces with %20

I have checked the response header to make sure this is being completed.

Thanks

Doug

Doug Mouncey

Sep 25, 2014, 9:32:11 AM9/25/14
to appj...@googlegroups.com
My first post was regarding using AppJs but I have since downloaded DeskShell and it's the same problem in there.

If I have a simple link on page, (e.g. test page.html ) DeskShell recognises that there is a space and automatically converts this link to test%20page.html

Feedback on screen is:

Error loading /test%20panel.html

Error 500 is in the response headers.