Extreme memory leak?

Kevin Ingwersen

Sep 20, 2013, 5:44:22 AM9/20/13
to appj...@googlegroups.com
Hey!

In a previous topic "running against the JSON wall", I seem to have figured something out - something really strange.

At a specific content length, the chrome-side of the code will start taking out all the memory it could get - and, always the exact same amount.

To me it appears that it can not handle large strings when being asked to parse. Especially, it is only happening when using jQuery! So either jQ or chrome is being really mean to me.

Now, here come the error reports!

Console:
V8 error: Allocation failed - process out of memory (CALL_AND_RETRY_2). Current memory usage: 1616 MB
1 0x308903b webkit::npapi::CarbonPluginWindowTracker::DestroyDummyWindowForDelegate(void*, OpaqueWindowPtr*)
2 0x30fce7b webkit::npapi::CarbonPluginWindowTracker::DestroyDummyWindowForDelegate(void*, OpaqueWindowPtr*)
3 0x316abaa webkit::npapi::CarbonPluginWindowTracker::DestroyDummyWindowForDelegate(void*, OpaqueWindowPtr*)
4 0x316ab47 webkit::npapi::CarbonPluginWindowTracker::DestroyDummyWindowForDelegate(void*, OpaqueWindowPtr*)
5 0x320d9dc webkit::npapi::CarbonPluginWindowTracker::DestroyDummyWindowForDelegate(void*, OpaqueWindowPtr*)
6 0x2230a336
Segmentation fault: 11

Mac OS crashlog:
crashreport.txt