Re: [appjs-dev] Digest for appjs-dev@googlegroups.com - 7 Messages in 1 Topic

sholto maud

Oct 29, 2013, 6:58:42 PM10/29/13
to appj...@googlegroups.com
Sorry to hear the news, but I must say well done on some fantastic work Morteza Milani

I have also found  it a great learning experience with much excitement.

I'd like to wish you goodluck with the future, and hope that one day you might be able to return to the project.

If Ingwie takes over ownership it might revitalize appjs, but your name should definitely be enshrined in the readme!

Best Regards,

Sholto

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 3:36 PM, <appj...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/appjs-dev/topics

    柳永峰 <sophi...@gmail.com> Oct 29 09:37AM +0800

    So sad to hear that, AppJS is great, but node-webkit is greater.

    On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 4:03 AM, Morteza Milani

    Ribhararnus Pracutian <okno...@gmail.com> Oct 29 09:30AM +0700

    So sad, I hope you will create some great project in the future. Thanks
    milani that you've created appJS for us, it was really awesome.

    --
    -------------------------------
    ribhararn.us/pracutian OknooRap, personal blog, Web design and Development

    Nicolas Embleton <nicolas....@gmail.com> Oct 28 08:03PM -0700

    Thanks for all the hard work. It was an awesome ride :)
    Let's see where the wind takes the project.

    On Tuesday, October 29, 2013 3:03:47 AM UTC+7, Morteza Milani wrote:

    ashish negi <thisismy...@gmail.com> Oct 28 09:04PM -0700

    I learned a lot from this project. would apply it at other places. so that
    a part of appjs would live forever. :)

    Kevin Ingwersen <ingwi...@googlemail.com> Oct 29 08:01AM +0100

    Hello.

    Great to hear from you again.
    I really enjoyed appJS, and I have learned a lot of stuff from it as well. Kind of sad it's discontinued, but therefore, simon and me are working very hard on Deskshell, as a follow-up to what appjs was. Therefore you may want to email him for the ownership, I think he is quite interested int aking appjs over and to maintain the project, and properly point out that it's discontinued.

    Thank you a lot for all the great stuff you did for us!

    Kind regards, Ingwie

    sihorton <siho...@gmail.com> Oct 29 05:35AM -0700

    Thanks for all of the work and effort that you put into AppJS! It really
    achieved a lot and I was able to use it to build some nice little html
    applications.

    I started the http://deskshell.org/ project as an experiment to see if we
    could come around the problem with event loop blocking. It has succeeded,
    we have got a lot of contributions and I see that we already have more than
    110 downloads of the software. Since it is based on js and uses standard
    chromium and nodejs it is very easy to hack and change and we have made a
    lot of progress in a relatively short time. In the coming days I will
    announce application packaging and an exe compiler for windows. Ingwie has
    been doing great work and the mac port has a similar compiler that will
    create mac bundles.

    I could take ownership of the project so that it does not die, however I
    think that *Ingwie* would be best to take over the project. He has been
    very active on the forums and answering github issues and has the skills to
    build appjs and even continue improving it. If he has time and is happy to
    do it then lets give him ownership.

    /Simon

    Am 28.10.2013 um 21:03 schrieb Morteza Milani <mrtz....@googlemail.com<javascript:>

    Kevin Ingwersen <ingwi...@googlemail.com> Oct 29 01:35PM +0100

    Hello again!

    So, I spoke with Simon @sihorton, and we came to the conclusion that it'd be best if I take it over. I have all the major OSes at hand and can build quite everything - besides, I am learning c++ so I could even get hacking on the source in a new branch...blabla, to put it short, i'd like to take ownership of the project ^^

    my github handle is: IngwiePhoenix
    My gmail adress: ingwi...@googlemail.com

    I'd be glad if you'd pass me the ownership, so me and Simon can take care of it.

    Kind regards, Ingwie

Mr Sholto Maud

M.Eng. (Sys Eng)
P.Grad. Dip. (Phil)