First major app converted from appjs to deskshell

sihorton

Oct 9, 2013, 3:46:43 PM10/9/13
to appj...@googlegroups.com
Well ladies and gentlemen Ingwie has done it again and is the first person to take a major application and convert it from appjs to deskshell. He said it was easy and there was not really anything to fix really.

Depending on how you have built your app in appjs it may be a case of just copying files across, or in the worse case senario you will need to re-write the code that writes directly to the DOM to instead send messages via websockets and then write the changes to the DOM on the other side of the socket.

We are making constant improvements to deskshell. The mac version is catching up very rapidly with the windows version and is now ahead of it in many areas. There is a distribution download for the mac and a development bundle to setup everything for you after checkout. Both versions are reaching the point where they are very usable and nice to build apps with. As more people download and experiment with the code we are testing it more and shaking out the problems. Now is the time to jump on board and get involved!

I think the one major area where we are lacking is that we still have not written any tutorials.

/Simon