How to remove the View Source action on the right click

Frederic Thomas

Sep 25, 2012, 4:35:56 AM9/25/12
to appj...@googlegroups.com
Hi appjsers !

I am testing appjs to build html desktop applications. Congratulations for your work, it is an amazing technology !

I notice that on the right click, a "View Source" action exists.

Is-it possible to remove this action ? My end users do not care about my code in fact.

Fred

sihorton

Sep 25, 2012, 4:45:09 AM9/25/12
to appj...@googlegroups.com
Hi Frederic,

You can supply your own context menu in javascript / html to over-ride the built in one. So something along the lines of:

document.addEventListener('contextmenu', function(ev) { ev.preventDefault(); return false; }, false);

So register to handle the "contextmenu" event and then make sure you prevent the default action.

/Simon
P.S. syntax might not be 100% since this is just from my memory but you can search for javascript right click or similar in google to get the right syntax.

Frederic Thomas

Oct 5, 2012, 8:38:38 AM10/5/12
to appj...@googlegroups.com
Simon,
It's working fine !

Thanks a lot.
Frederic

ikhwan nurudin

Feb 28, 2016, 2:18:36 PM2/28/16
to appjs-dev, fthom...@gmail.com
i have same problem,, but im still confuse.
where i must paste or replace this code?

<script>
document.addEventListener('contextmenu', function(ev) { ev.preventDefault(); return false; }, false);
</script>