Upload existing MongoDB

Raymond Camden

Dec 17, 2014, 6:33:10 AM12/17/14
to appfog...@googlegroups.com
I've got a local MongoDB instance with data in it already. How do I deploy that to my MongoDB instance on AppFog?

de...@appfog.com

Dec 17, 2014, 12:52:37 PM12/17/14
to appfog...@googlegroups.com

First, you’ll need to use mongodump on your local database. Then, you’ll use af tunnel SERVICE_NAME from the directory the dump file is in and choose option 4 to connect to your database locally.

Just provide it the name of your dump file, and it should be successfully imported.

If you’re having time-out issues, I recommend choosing option 1 when tunneling into your database. Provide the service connection info to a GUI application that is good at handling time-outs and reestablishing the connection. Below are some articles for assistance.

Raymond Camden

Dec 17, 2014, 1:49:35 PM12/17/14
to appfog...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Derek. Took me forever to get af tunnel working (there is
an open bug from 2013 on the problem), but once I did, I was good to
go.
> --

Raymond Camden, Web Developer for Adobe

Email : raymon...@gmail.com