Re: JVM (scala, Liftweb) and SQL profiling?

de...@appfog.com

May 11, 2015, 3:51:30 PM5/11/15
to appfog...@googlegroups.com

Unfortunately, as a limitation of the platform AppFog v1 doesn’t have any built-in application logging other than what the server outputs to STDOUT & STDERR via the af logs command. However, we do have some add-ons that may assist you in setting up your own logging.

AppFog v2 (we're still working on the name) will have usage statistics natively. We hope to have more information on that product later this year (it's still in its internal testing phase).

On Friday, May 8, 2015 at 6:47:23 AM UTC-5, Andrzej Skalski wrote:
Hi,

I am writing a quite big application, that is expected to handle a large group of users. Since it's still work in progress, I have to prioritize my work, and I do not think much about optimization while writing it.

I know that some cloud service providers also provide some feedback on which calls (http requests) or SQL queries take a long time to complete.

Does AppFog provide such statistics in any way, or do I have to implement self-profiling to my application myself?

Kindest Regards

Andrzej Skalski

May 8, 2015, 7:47:23 AM5/8/15
to appfog...@googlegroups.com