ThinkUp jumpstart -- activation email never arrives

lucienk

May 27, 2013, 4:11:20 PM5/27/13
to appfog...@googlegroups.com
When installing the ThinkUp jumpstart from the AppFog console, installation succeeds. But when I configure ThinkUp with a username and password, it sends me an activation email that never arrives, and won't let me proceed without activation. Is this a known issue? Is there a workaround?

Miguel Cabeza

Jun 13, 2013, 12:04:26 PM6/13/13
to appfog...@googlegroups.com
Did you ever managed to solve this issue?

Lucien Kress

Jun 13, 2013, 12:08:49 PM6/13/13
to appfog...@googlegroups.com

No, I tried a dozen times over a couple days, and gave up.

Bryan Sutherland

Jun 23, 2013, 3:20:30 PM6/23/13
to appfog...@googlegroups.com
Has there been anything advanced on this? I'd rather not just give up but otherwise what can be done?

Lucien Kress

Jun 24, 2013, 2:49:18 PM6/24/13
to appfog...@googlegroups.com
I tried another install a day or two ago. Same result -- activation email never arrives.

Lucien Kress

Britain W.

Feb 14, 2014, 4:09:41 PM2/14/14
to appfog...@googlegroups.com
The activation e-mail never arrives because AppFog can't send mail on its own.

AppFog offers Mailgun and SendGrid as mailing options, but you have to include the code to utilize them into ThinkUp, which is just a little past what I've done with it on AppFog.

There doesn't appear to be an option to send the activation message again, so I think you have to kickstart it, then include the SendGrid code somewhere within it, THEN create your account.  Like I said, I haven't don't this before, but I'll attempt to document it in my spare time.

Nazlim Abu

Mar 25, 2014, 7:11:42 AM3/25/14
to appfog...@googlegroups.com