How much data can you store in MongoDB in AppFogs $20 subscription

Gero Vermaas

Oct 4, 2013, 10:18:32 AM10/4/13
to appfog...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I was wondering if there is a limit on the max database size for MongoDb in the 20$ subscription plan? The site does state "200MB storage per MySQL or PostgreSQL instance", but that does not mention MongoDB.

Regards,
Gero

Tracy Trathen

Nov 7, 2013, 4:21:12 PM11/7/13
to appfog...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gero

MongoDB is scalable so it works a bit differently for that than for MySQL or PostgreSQL, if you click on the "Full Details" on the price point you were looking at, it does say "10MB RAM & 6 concurrent connections for Redis, MongoDB, and RabbigMQ instances" - so each instance of MongoDB can be as large as 10MB. Does that make sense?

~Tracy | Appfog | Tech Support Engineer

Paresh Joshi

Nov 29, 2013, 5:12:00 AM11/29/13
to appfog...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tracy,

I believe if you install add-ons like Mongo-HQ or MongoLab, then the data storage is 500 MB (and depends on the respective pricing plans)
Message has been deleted

de...@appfog.com

Dec 17, 2014, 12:38:35 PM12/17/14
to appfog...@googlegroups.com
As a late follow-up to this for future reference, the current limits for MongoDB are 256 MB. If you need high-usage database for large datasets, it's best to use our add-ons.