Re: what's the "start command" that "af push" asks for?

de...@appfog.com

Feb 26, 2015, 11:36:01 AM2/26/15
to appfog...@googlegroups.com, vlad...@gmail.com
Hey, guys. The start command is the same as the command you'd use locally to start your app.

For instance, if I wanted to choose my start command for a ruby app, the command I'd use is `ruby app.rb`.

I hope this helps.

On Friday, December 7, 2012 at 2:26:06 PM UTC-6, Vlad Dumitrescu wrote:
Hi,

what's the "start command" that "af push" asks for? I can't find docs for it....

regards,
Vlad

Tracy

Feb 26, 2015, 3:28:09 PM2/26/15
to appfog...@googlegroups.com, vlad...@gmail.com
Hi all

If you are pushing a new app using the CLI, then the command for that is "af push <appname>", but if you are just updating, then you want to type "af update <apname>" -- if you do the latter, it should automatically stop and restart the application after a successful update.

More on all the commands here:   https://support.appfog.com/hc/en-us/articles/202264463-AppFog-CLI-Tool-Manual

Or if in the CLI you can type "af help" which will list the commands as well. I hope this helps.

~ Tracy
Developer / Designer / Tech Support
Appfog, A CenturyLink Companh

Vlad Dumitrescu

Dec 7, 2012, 3:26:06 PM12/7/12
to appfog...@googlegroups.com

Vlad Dumitrescu

Dec 7, 2012, 3:40:17 PM12/7/12
to appfog...@googlegroups.com
Oh, I think I got it: I was choosing standalone apps, that need of course a way to be started...

Sorry for the noise.

/Vlad

irth orbits

Feb 4, 2013, 3:58:24 PM2/4/13
to appfog...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for getting me on a good path. I'm trying to push an Angular app made with Yeoman.io. Not sure what start command i would use here.

Temesgen Kahsay

Feb 26, 2015, 4:49:25 AM2/26/15
to appfog...@googlegroups.com, vlad...@gmail.com
Hello, i am having the same problem while i am trying to af push angularjs yeoman project on appfog. what did you guys use for the start command?

best
Teme