Ti.Geolocation.getCurrentLocation and BB support generically.

Jörgen Buder

Jun 3, 2015, 4:52:50 AM6/3/15
to appc-ti-mobi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fellow Ti developers...

Now first of all , yes I know BB is deprecated, but this is a Open Source project and can be used still. I am evaluating the use for a client to use native Ti to prolong their app.

I am looking for someone willing like me to continue to support BB on Ti? I have started to do this by isolating the SDK and CLI so I can build. Today I build a alloy BB project that also build on iOS and Android. However I have some tribble getting some things to work properly:

  1. GPS , for the moment the Ti.Gelocation.getCurrentPosition is not working and if I ask for service available I get a undefined. Do I have to do something specific to get the GPS readings, I use the Simulator now but can easily go to device. Is there assertional module that I need to add in modules folder? Do I have to do require? Anyone with experience in this?
  2. Background service (or equivalent), I need to have a background service running that collects the GPS and reports back to backend, does anyone have experience in this?

I have years of QNX experience and experts at hand for BB so I can enhance the SDK with these functions but want to know if this is suppose to work first. Which one of you are the guru? If I need to pay you to get you to help me, please get in contact with me ASAP so I can evaluate this rather asap.

Thanks

NOTE: If anyone is interested to help out in keeping the BB alive please let me know. I am planning to release SDK on our site with both CLI and SDK available including instructions and how to. To be able to support this we need to keep build scripts and SDK up to date and functioning. :)