Ti.Platform.openURL TypeError & Video Question

David Friedrich

Jul 27, 2013, 7:32:32 PM7/27/13
to appc-ti-mobi...@googlegroups.com
openURL is throwing a TypeError: Object [object Object] has no method 'openURL' . Also, using the BB10.2 Beta Sim, and no video formats happen to work for it. createVideoPlayer doesn't even try to work properly. (I can look at logs on Monday)

David Friedrich

Jul 27, 2013, 7:33:43 PM7/27/13
to appc-ti-mobi...@googlegroups.com
(function() {
    var application = Ti.UI.createWindow();
    var contentURL = 'http://vjs.zencdn.net/v/oceans.mp4';
    var url = Ti.UI.createLabel({
        text:'Hello World.',
        color:'#4c566c',
        font:{
            fontSize: 14,
            fontFamily:'Helvetica Neue'
        },
        height:50,
        top:10,
        shadowColor: '#e2e2e2',
        shadowOffset: {
            x:1, y:1
        },
        textAlign: 'left'
    });

    url.addEventListener('click',function(){
        Ti.Platform.openURL(contentURL);
    });

    application.add(url);
    application.open();

})();
Code for Application; forgot that I didn't copy this.
Message has been deleted

Russ McMahon

Aug 5, 2013, 7:42:26 PM8/5/13
to appc-ti-mobi...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,

 We have not implemented the url platform handlers yet and likewise testing for the url handler will not work. As to playing mp4 video we have in the recent CI builds (http://builds.appcelerator.com.s3.amazonaws.com/index.html#3_1_X) implemented the VideoPlayer which will play mp4 files. An app.js file for testing is included in the ticket - https://jira.appcelerator.org/browse/TIMOB-12230.

Thanks,
Russ