Titanium CLI 3.0.23 and node-appc 0.1.26 released!

Chris Barber

Jan 21, 2013, 10:50:28 PM1/21/13
to appc-...@googlegroups.com
Greetings! I'm happy to announce the release 3.0.23 of the Titanium CLI. This is the first maintenance release since 3.0.0.GA shipped. In this release, we fixed the following issues:

Titanium CLI
============

* CLI: Setup wizard fails when an existing configuration has an invalid SDK version
The setup wizard has a couple bugs when prompting for the "app.sdk" setting. For starters, it was referencing "user.sdk" and not "app.sdk". Secondly if "app.sdk" was set to a SDK version that isn't installed, then it crashed when asking what SDK would you like to use.

* CLI: Developer names with Chinese characters appear as octal escape sequence in Titanium Info
There were issues parsing iOS developer certificate names that contained octal-encoded UTF-8 characters. Now you'll be able to correct see names in "titanium info" and enter your certificate name containing characters with accents and umlauts when performing a build.

* CLI: Add terminal character encoding detection
Since the CLI outputs all text in UTF-8 format, I added a quick check to make sure the Terminal session was set to UTF-8. This is done by inspecting the LANG environment variable, if it exists. If the LANG variable has a encoding set and it's not UTF-8, a warning message is displayed. You can turn it off by running "titanium config cli.hideCharEncWarning true".

* Fixed bug with detecting if the Titanium CLI config file exists and if not, display a message to run the setup wizard.

node-appc
=========
We are updating our node-appc common library to version 0.1.26. Node-appc is used by both the Titanium CLI and the Titanium SDK's build, create, clean, and project commands. In this release we fixed the following issues:

CLI: Analytics isn't working when offline
This affected users that created apps while offline and when they went back online, their app never shows up in my.appcelerator.com.

* CLI: Build fails if custom Info.plist contains empty string value
When using a custom Info.plist file for your iOS app, if you had an empty <string></string> value, the CLI would crash trying to parse the plist file.

* CLI: Creating MobileWeb module with ti.cloud as appid prohibits any MW Project to run on MWBrowser or Emulator.
This title is a bit confusing, but basically you cannot have a CommonJS module and a non-CommonJS module with the same name otherwise Titanium doesn't know which module to associate to the module name.

* Fixed a bug in the fs library's copyDirSyncRecursive() function when copying paths containing relative path symlinks.

* Fixed Titanium module detection so that it doesn't search the same path twice. This automatically fixed issues with the "titanium module" command printing things twice.

Upgrading
=========
To get the latest updates, simply run the appropriate npm install command:

Mac OS X and Linux:
sudo npm install -g titanium

Windows:
npm install -g titanium

These updates should work just fine with Titanium SDK 3.0.0.GA and Titanium Studio 3.0.1. We are planning another release in the next week with some addition fixes.

If you find any bugs, please report them in Jira and be sure to select the CLI component: http://jira.appcelerator.org/.

Thank you!
-Chris

--

Chris Barber

Sr. Titanium Platform Engineer

Appcelerator, Inc.

cbarber@appcelerator.com

M: (612) 309-9567

unknown.png: cb1kenobi

http://www.appcelerator.com

unknown_1.png

The Next Generation Mobile Platform

Rafael Kellermann Streit

Jan 22, 2013, 5:36:47 AM1/22/13
to Chris Barber, appc-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Chris!

--
Rafael Kellermann Streit

--

98921FA3-928B-4DEE-AAA3-918B5F8E969B.png
34509C3E-569C-4AEF-BCA6-D947C97EF18F.png

Lou Cipher

Feb 2, 2013, 6:46:03 PM2/2/13
to appc-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,

Apologize up front for asking newbie questions here.  Have not programmed in 17 years so really weak in basic areas and looking to get much better as I want to create Mobile apps for iOS, Android, Windows, and Blackberry.

Anyhow, I just installed Titanium Studio, build: 3.0.1.201212181159 on Mac OSX 10.8.2

I believe XCode, Android, and Mobile installed ok - I think.

But I keep getting an error about NodeJS saying there is an update to CLI 3.0.23 and Alloy 0.3.6

But I keep getting an error message saying "Invalid password. Please try again. Provide your password to allow installation."  I don't ever remember being asked for a password when I installed Titanium and have been trying my Appcelerator website password but that's not working.

I've seen instructions to use Terminal to run come commands but I am never sure what directory I am supposed to run those commands from...? Does it matter...?

And I don't understand what "sudo" means or how to go about that.

Can you point me in the right direction by chance...?  I've been reading lots of webpages but either I don't understand some basics regarding command line instructions with Terminal on the Mac or something else.

Again, sorry for the Newbie question - I am.

Joe

Chris Barber

Feb 4, 2013, 1:21:37 AM2/4/13
to Lou Cipher, appc-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lou!

There's an anomaly where Titanium Studio keeps prompting you to update the Titanium CLI and Alloy. I believe the issue has been fixed in the upcoming release.

You can try to manually login from the command line. You can simply run "titanium login" and it will prompt you for your username and password for the Appcelerator Network. If you forgot your password, you can reset it here: https://my.appcelerator.com/auth/login. Once you log in, you want have to log in again unless you logout or the auth file is deleted.

"sudo" is a command that will run whatever follows it as root. For example, you would run "sudo npm install -g titanium" to install the Titanium CLI to /usr/local/lib which requires root privileges. Sudo requires your system password, not your Appcelerator Network password.

Cheers!
-Chris