TDSI: any concerns regarding latest Flash player versions, Stage3D calls?

Rezmason

Dec 12, 2012, 7:25:12 PM12/12/12
to apparat-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all!

I'm about to enter a coding challenge, and I'm hoping to use Stage3D alongside the TDSI workflow that I used like a year and a half ago in WireworldAS3. Since then, Adobe announced those plans to charge people for using Alchemy opcodes and Stage3D calls from the same SWF. If I use TDSI and Stage3D in my project, what will happen? For that matter, does TDSI still work when compiling for the latest Flash versions?

Joa Ebert

Dec 13, 2012, 3:15:34 AM12/13/12
to apparat-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeremy,

1) You will have to sign your SWF or rendering will default back to software for Stage3D. I do not know if they already require you to do that or they just show a watermark in the debug player.
2) I do not know if everything still works. Many people continue to use Apparat but I cannot give you any details on that since I dropped the development efforts due to the licensing issues. So the answer is: I don't know and you could try it out but might run into some issues. Maybe someone else on this list can shed some light on whether or not Apparat works with SWF versions > 11?

Best,

Joa