How do I get more info about errors? [tdsi] [FATAL] 6

Arthur Wulf White

Nov 11, 2012, 6:30:30 PM11/11/12
to apparat-...@googlegroups.com
I use a lot of Macro in my code and sometimes I forget and use expressions instead of local variables.
How do I get informative human readable errors to help locate my mistakes quickly?

For instance, right now I'm getting:

     [tdsi] [FATAL] 6

(I am using flashDevelop with the ant plugin and the latest apparat 1.0)

Arthur Wulf White

Nov 11, 2012, 6:54:53 PM11/11/12
to apparat-...@googlegroups.com
Alright, I am very confused. I get error:

     [tdsi] [FATAL] 6

for this function:

        public static function drawEdge(bmd : BitmapData, vx : int, vy : int, ux : int, uy : int, lineColor : int = 0xff000000, tag : String = ""):void
        {
            BitmapDataHelper.printText(bmd, tag, vx, vy, lineColor);
        }

calling this function

        public static function printText(bmd : BitmapData, str : String, px : int, py : int, color : int = 0xff000000):void
        {
        }

They are both currently empty except for the first function calling the other..
I removed a ton of code to find this out. I hope I can salvage all my work.

Arthur Wulf White

Nov 11, 2012, 8:55:36 PM11/11/12
to apparat-...@googlegroups.com
I figure it had something to do with a string parameter with a default value in one of the functions. I don't remember if that is a no no. I remover the default value and it seems to be fine now.