LZMA Reduced SWF file has reduced resolution

srayker

Oct 14, 2011, 5:46:41 AM10/14/11
to apparat-framework, rsud...@corelogic.com
Hi,
I tried using the apparat maven plugin to reduce the SWF size of
my application. I did get 28% reduction in size when i use the LZMA
option. But i also find that the UI in the SWF has enlarged or
resolution has decreased.

Has anyone faced this issue before?

I could not configure FlexMojos 4 for my application hence using 3.9
version and using apparat-maven-plugin to get the task done.

Below is my configuration,
FlexMojos version: 3.9
Flex SDK version :4.5.1.21328
Maven version : 3.0.3

pom entry
<plugin>
<groupId>com.googlecode.apparat</groupId>
<artifactId>apparat-maven-plugin</artifactId>
<version>1.0-RC9</version>
<dependencies>
<dependency>
<groupId>com.adobe.flex</groupId>
<artifactId>compiler</artifactId>
<version>${flex.sdk.version}</version>
<type>pom</type>
<scope>compile</scope>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>com.adobe.flex.framework</
groupId>
<artifactId>playerglobal</artifactId>
<version>${flex.sdk.version}</version>
<classifier>10.2</classifier>
<type>swc</type>
</dependency>
</dependencies>
<executions>
<execution>
<id>reducer</id>
<goals>
<goal>reducer</goal>
<goal>tdsi</goal>
</goals>
</execution>
</executions>
<configuration>
<arguments>
<argument>-I</argument>
</arguments>
<mergeABC>false</mergeABC>
<sortCPool>false</sortCPool>
<lzma>true</lzma>
<quality>1.0</quality>
<matryoshkaType>preloader</matryoshkaType>
<mergeCF>false</mergeCF>
<alchemyExpansion>false</alchemyExpansion>
<inlineExpansion>false</inlineExpansion>
<macroExpansion>false</macroExpansion>
</configuration>
</plugin>

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Srayker

Joa Ebert

Oct 14, 2011, 6:30:27 AM10/14/11
to apparat-...@googlegroups.com, rsud...@corelogic.com
Does the SWF size stay the same?

srayker

Oct 14, 2011, 6:41:04 AM10/14/11
to apparat-framework
No, i do see good reduction in size from 2652KB to 1911KB with quality
set to 1.0

Joa Ebert

Oct 14, 2011, 6:49:05 AM10/14/11
to apparat-...@googlegroups.com
Sorry I mean the size of the viewport. When launching the SWF. Did it change from say 800x600 to 1600x1200?

srayker

Oct 14, 2011, 7:00:59 AM10/14/11
to apparat-framework
I am not sure how i can find out the res. as i load the swf in the
browser. But visually, for example Buttons are double its original
size. The application works perfectly fine, the issue seems to be only
with the resolution.

Meanwhile thanks for the quick response.

srayker

Oct 14, 2011, 7:42:42 AM10/14/11
to apparat-framework
To clarify, viewport size has increased and see scroll bars in the
application. Wish i could attach a screen shot.

Regards,
srayker

makc

Oct 17, 2011, 3:09:15 AM10/17/11
to apparat-framework
> Wish i could attach a screen shot.

you can if you send message from email app

sudhakar rayker

Oct 17, 2011, 5:07:59 AM10/17/11
to apparat-...@googlegroups.com
Attaching the screenshot.Thanks for the suggestion.

Regards,
srayker
Capture-2.jpg

Joa Ebert

Oct 18, 2011, 2:21:20 AM10/18/11
to apparat-...@googlegroups.com

Thanks,

would it be possible to send the original SWF file over? You could do
this in a mail to joaebert <?> googlemail <?> com if you cannot share it
public.

Best,

Joa

karthi...@y7mail.com