Guidance on the legal stuffs / paper work required before one can set up his/her own AppInventor server out of US

Wenbin Xu

Apr 20, 2017, 4:44:44 AM4/20/17
to App Inventor Open Source Development
I'd like to set up my own AI2 server in China to serve public traffic. The primary goal is to help AI2 users build their own apps by overcoming the difficulty in accessing AI2 server in US (due to great china firewall).

I walked through items on http://appinventor.mit.edu/appinventor-sources, but found no specific informationon on the processes and/or documentations in above context.

So, I'm wondering how to make myself eligible to set up my own AI2 server and put it to public usage.

-wenbin

Jos Flores

Apr 20, 2017, 6:48:23 AM4/20/17
to app-inventor-open-source-dev
Hi Wenbin,

App Inventor is distributed with an Apache 2 Licence [1] which is
flexible enough to do a lot of stuff with the code, including hosting
your own public server. So no paper work needed, just technical stuff
to take care off. All the best with your project!

[1] https://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html

cheers,
José