local server, problem using whitelist.py?

JaneB

Jan 11, 2016, 2:07:31 PM1/11/16
to App Inventor Open Source Development
Dear all,

 we are setting up a local AI2 server on linux. The last time i worked on an AI server the whitelist was still using java. I got the java whitelist working ok but am a bit at sea with the new python approach. I have got the whitelist turned on in appengine-web.xml and it works (ie at the moment i can't access AI2 because my ID is not authorized :)) but I cannot work out how to update the datastore with the necessary email addresses. Would anyone be able to help?

When i run whitelist.py i have tried:
python whitelist.py -n whitelist.txt
it asks me for the Google Python App Engine SDK Path. After i have entered this it says
'Location of Google Library Directory Saved, exiting, try again...'
and stops.  What should I expect to see if it's working right?
I have downloaded the google python app engine and give it the path to this, but am confused about using this and the usual java app engine and if that is the right thing to do.

Also is there an example whitelist file so i can check if there are any formatting problems? (I'm testign using my old java whitelist text but this may not be appropriate)

We are using appengine-java-sdk-1.9.27 on redhat linux v 6.7 with Openjdk 1.7 and python 2.7.8

I'd be very grateful for any help with this. (and please let me know if this is the wrong forum for this request?)
thankyou!