To many redirects

Hossein Amerkashi

Jun 12, 2018, 8:37:29 AM6/12/18
to app-inventor-o...@googlegroups.com
In our distribution, we have users that, only today, are receiving app engine error message below and aren't able to access server

Too many redirects

I think it has to do with last line of OdeAuthFilter. Anyone knows why this may happen?

Thanks

Evan Patton

Jun 12, 2018, 1:39:29 PM6/12/18
to App Inventor Open Source Development
Hi Hossein,

I'm not certain why this would happen, but my guess might be conflicting App Engine and App Inventor cookies. If you want more information, you could ask users to open the network dev tools tab and turn on "Preserve Log" to capture the redirect change. They can then export the log and send it to you. Once we know the loop we can further debug. Since most users probably aren't interested in going down that rabbit hole, clearing the cookies probably will solve the problem.

Regards,
Evan

Hossein Amerkashi

Jun 12, 2018, 2:15:26 PM6/12/18
to app-inventor-o...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your response Evan.

Initially, about 10 users had this issue. We recommended they clear cache and even use different browser. They still experienced same issue. However, after about 2 hours, the problem just fixed itself!