Android-support-v4.jar in MIT App Inventor 2?

Tomislav Tomšić

May 17, 2018, 7:05:32 PM5/17/18
to App Inventor Open Source Development
As I recall, when action bar etc, was introduced, android-support-v4.jar, and other necessary dependencies were all in the lib folder. Please correct me if I am mistaken.

In case I do remember correctly, does anyone knows where one can find appropriate jar's, with all more or less hidden dependencies, ready to be included in the MIT App Inventor2?

Copy of all appropriate build.xml files would be more than welcome too.

Reason?

I am trying to make Chrome Custom Tabs extensions, one that would gracefully fail to web viewer, if Chrome is not installed, so help, advice's and so on would be greatly appreciated.

So far no success, it constantly fails with either: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Failed resolution of: Landroid/support/v4/app/BundleCompat; when only customtabs-25.3.0.jar is included, or with:

[java] INFO: source file: /tmp/1526597631243_0.8878717334518802-0/youngandroidproject/../src/edu/mit/appinventor/aicompanion3/Screen1.yail
     [java] java.lang.NullPointerException
     [java]     at com.google.common.base.Preconditions.checkNotNull(Preconditions.java:191)
     [java]     at com.google.common.io.Resources$UrlByteSource.<init>(Resources.java:77)
     [java]     at com.google.common.io.Resources$UrlByteSource.<init>(Resources.java:72)
     [java]     at com.google.common.io.Resources.asByteSource(Resources.java:66)
     [java]     at com.google.common.io.Resources.newInputStreamSupplier(Resources.java:57)
     [java]     at com.google.appinventor.buildserver.Compiler.getResource(Compiler.java:1420)
     [java]     at com.google.appinventor.buildserver.Compiler.generateClasses(Compiler.java:954)
     [java]     at com.google.appinventor.buildserver.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:710)
     [java]     at com.google.appinventor.buildserver.ProjectBuilder.build(ProjectBuilder.java:171)
     [java]     at com.google.appinventor.buildserver.Main.main(Main.java:82)

when both custom tabs and android-support-v4.jar are included. I think I am missing some hidden dependency, and I do not know which one, or I have inappropriate jars, but if I recall correctly, all those problems were all solved not that long ago.

Thanks in advance.