Default AndroidManifest.xml from the server: is there a reason to not include "keyboard" in the android:configChanges attribute

Colin Wirt

Aug 11, 2015, 2:53:05 AM8/11/15
to App Inventor Open Source Development

I'm wondering if it's worth including keyboard and screenSize in the android:configChanges attribute like "keyboardHidden|keyboard|orientation|screenSize"

I'd consider the activity being restarted when a bluetooth keyboard is attached/detached as a bug -- and having to edit the manifest is a bit extreme to address an issue like this.

Am I missing a technical issue?

Cheers,
Colin

Colin Wirt

Aug 27, 2015, 1:07:02 AM8/27/15
to App Inventor Open Source Development

Thanks!

However, the branch appears to have been deleted and the change wasn't merged? Am I looking in the right place in GitHub?

Colin Wirt

Aug 27, 2015, 1:07:47 AM8/27/15
to App Inventor Open Source Development

Hal Abelson

Aug 27, 2015, 10:15:40 PM8/27/15
to App Inventor Open Source Development
Colin,

thanks.  I don't know what happened.   In any case I just resubmitted the change. -- Hal

Colin Wirt

Aug 28, 2015, 1:17:03 AM8/28/15
to App Inventor Open Source Development
Thanks very much :)

This problem has bugged me for a few years, and I've only just taken the time to work out exactly what was happening, it's great to have the -- amazingly simple -- option put into place!

Cheers,
Colin