Block editor doesn't generate, test errors, need help

Julie leong

Nov 17, 2015, 1:13:44 AM11/17/15
to App Inventor Open Source Development
Hello,

So I've been trying to get everything to run on my local server.  Everything compiles fine, and I am able to access the server. But when I try to open the blocks editor nothing appears. No blocks, no palette, I've tried opening the blocks editor with different projects (new and imported, sizes well under the limit), but the same empty screen appears.  I'm on the master branch, so I don't think its the source code's fault, but rather configurations of my system.  I've installed everything according to the documentation, and have checked that the correct variables are in my path.  I've also checked testing and there seems to be errors with YailEvalTest.java where a file is misnamed file or something of that sort (Not exactly sure how to fix this).  There are some other tests that fail such as BlocklyEvalTest, BlocklyCodeGeneratorTest (Both blockly tests have the same failures), and MediaUtilTest.  It may be some configuration thing or a missing component ,but I'm not sure where to check anymore.  I've attached some screenshots of these items.  Any help is appreciated.

Here are my specs.
OS: Windows 10
Java 7
Appengine SDK 1.9.27
Python 2.7.10

Thanks,
Julie
TestError.PNG
MediaUtilTestError.PNG
BlocklyTestFailure.PNG
BlockEditorMissing.PNG

Jos Flores

Nov 17, 2015, 4:52:17 AM11/17/15
to app-inventor-open-source-dev
Hi Julie,

the test errors seem to be coming from file paths, most likely because
they are not being handled correctly on Windows (not your fault, we
just don't use windows all that much (or at all...)).

With regards to the blocks editor, can you open the dev tools in your
browser and see if there are any errors there? Also the output of the
server (command line) can point to some errors?

cheers,
José
> --
> Visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/app-inventor-open-source-dev.

Julie leong

Nov 19, 2015, 12:01:15 AM11/19/15
to App Inventor Open Source Development
Hello again,

Thanks for your help!.  My block editor is now working again.  I did have an error in the dev tools, something in the source code that I may have changed accidentally.  Also, apparently I didn't log in with a real email address each time I set up the server.  And it now works again.

Thanks,
Julie