Updating Android API

Pavitra

Apr 2, 2017, 2:05:59 PM4/2/17
to App Inventor Open Source Development
How do I make extensions that requires newer APIs? Should I use support library or update Android Runtime jar? I tried to update it by copying latest jar from Android SDK, but building extension results in breaking of other components that require deprecated APIs.

Jos Flores

Apr 3, 2017, 5:22:19 AM4/3/17
to app-inventor-open-source-dev
You may need to do both, depending on what you want to do. But as you
said, certain things may break if they have been deprecated, so they
would need to be upgraded. It should be straight forward enough, but
will take some effort.

cheers,
José